Thursday, November 10, 2011

Destruction Productions, NaNoWriMo, Jenny Pox, Reviews, and Cancer Awareness

First of all, I want to let everyone know that EVERYTHING CURRENTLY PUBLISHABLE by all Destruction Productions authors is available on the Amazon Kindle store. You can find any of our stuff by searching our author names (Chastity, Jane Quill, and Emmaline Westlund) [Sadly, Delia hasn't given us anything just yet] or by searching "Destruction Productions."

I'm currently working on two separate projects: Nuclear Zombie Wasteland and Living Will (Sketchbooks 3). Nuclear Zombie Wasteland is going to be a stand-alone nuclear zombie apocalypse novel which should be out in late 2012, early 2013. Living Will is going to be released TBD, whenever it's done. Nuclear Zombie Wasteland is my NaNovel (Check out http://nanowrimo.org for more information about NaNoWriMo), But it's stuck at about 3000 words, which sucks. But I'll catch up.

I've been reading a lot of different things lately, but one series that has really caught my attention is a trilogy by JL Bryan. Jenny Pox, Tommy Nightmare, and Alexander Death. I've only read the first two so far, but I'm eager to buy and devour the last one as well. If you haven't heard of the books or the author, I highly recommend them both. I'm not so great at doing reviews (Go find my review blog if you don't believe me), so I won't sit here and try to do the books justice. I will tell you to go read the books, however, because they're all kinds of awesome.

Which brings me to something that really bothers me. I don't know why it should bother me, but honestly, none of Destruction Productions' current releases have any reviews or ratings. We've sold plenty of copies, and there's only been one review even posted on any of our authors' work (Something I published before forming the publishing house). I don't think it's too much to ask that if you put the time in to purchase the ebook, download the ebook, and read the ebook, that you take one more minute of your time and review and rate. Silence doesn't tell me what I'm doing right or wrong.

And finally, it's the holiday season, and I wanted to do something special, so I convinced all of the Destruction Productions authors to agree to donate 100% of our profits to cancer research. It seems every person I talk to these days has a relative or friend who's been diagnosed with cancer recently. With e-books costing less than your daily cup of coffee (Seriously, a Starbucks is about $5, all of our e-books are less than $4) you could be doing a whole lot of good for humanity just by purchasing an e-book. Every penny of our profit off of e-book sales between 11/10/11 and 12/24/11 will be donated to cancer research.

No comments:

Post a Comment