Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Road Trip Life

I'm on day two of a three day drive to Laughlin, Nevada to see "Weird Al" Yankovic in concert for the last time this year. This will be my fourth concert this tour and my second time being in Nevada this year. I /was/ going to go to the concert on Saturday in LA but it's just too expensive. This trip is proving to be too expensive, to be completely honest. I'm gonna have a heck of a time getting back from Nevada.
But it's worth it. It's worth it to get to see them perform again. I've been so incredibly spoiled with Weird Al concerts and meet & greets this year, so I mean I could have just skipped this concert, but I wanted to see at least one more concert this tour. It's just so good. I think the Mandatory World Tour has my favorite setlist yet, and in my opinion it's just as fun and exciting as that my first concert, which I attended waaaaaaaaaaay the heck back in 2000.
My costume for the VIP party before the concert is kinda awesome. And by kinda awesome I mean completely lame but I don't even care. It's fun. I'll be live-instagramming the pre-concert and post-concert stuff, and I will also be doing a series of three vlogs: One for the drive out, one for the day before and the day of the concert, and one for the drive back. Depending on the hotel's internet, the first one /might/ be up on Thursday. Otherwise they'll all be up sometime next week.

Things I've seen on my road trip, in no particular order:

  • People driving like absolute douchecanoes in Nebraska blocking both lanes of the highway and going fifteen under the speed limit
  • A crapload of crows
  • A crapload of vultures
  • A moose
  • A crapload of deer
  • A hitchhiker
  • A really damn big (unidentified) bird
  • A semi that took at least 15 minutes to pass another semi but refused to get back in the fucking right lane so the rest of us could pass BOTH of them 
  • Last bullet occurring no fewer than three times at speeds of >20 under the speed limit
  • Guy hitting a bong at a rest stop
  • One person at a gas station in Iowa wearing a Weird Al shirt. Hello friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment