Sunday, August 23, 2015

What I'm up to this week (and what I was up to last week)

So, I completely forgot to update this thing last week. Oops. I didn't do much. I read a chapter or two of Jurassic Park, I uploaded a video review of The Selection by Kiera Cass on my Book Bitch channel on youtube, and I drew. I drew a lot. And I drew probably the best thing I've ever drawn. And it got noticed by Al.
Yup, I drew a really fantastic full color portrait of "Weird Al" Yankovic this week as part of my #drawweirdaleveryday project, and it was just so amazing that I'm honestly pretty sure it's the best thing I've ever drawn. I uploaded it to all my various social media as usual (I'm pretty sure it posted here through instagram and ifttt) and tagged Al on twitter and instagram.
Not fifteen minutes after it had been posted, he favorited it on twitter. And I made quite the inhuman noise.
Honestly like that's the highest compliment I feel could be paid to my humble attempts at art. I've been drawing him every day for more than a month and I know I still have a long way to go on drawing him, but that drawing was so ridiculously GOOD...
It just honestly made my week.

My plan for this week is to try to finish reading Jurassic Park. I also want to get something written. I'm kind of bored not writing but I'm still... I'm so uninspired that I can't get more than like five hundred words out on anything because I don't know where the hell to go with any of it.
I've got a couple of projects I'm interested in but I have no idea how to start them, so I'm dealing with that.
I think that this will all get easier when I'm back from my last vacation of the year. I'm too hyped for the concert in September and I'm too hyped for the three (yeah, by the end of the year it'll be three (and sometimes four)) #draw_____daily tags I'll have started up. I'm working on getting to a point where I can set aside enough time to start the other two tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment