Friday, October 04, 2013

Ever wanted to co-write a novel? WRITING CONTEST TIME!


I'm looking to hire a co-conspirator to help me write novels. The work load will not be very heavy, but will consist of the necessity of writing about one chapter (approx 3300 words) every two weeks. I will, of course, be writing about the same, and we will double-team the novel. I will write chapter one, you will write chapter two, me three, you four, me five, and so on. There will be chapters we co-write and there will be weeks where I will have nothing for you to work on.
For each chapter you write on your own, you will be paid $30-$40 depending on length and quality. For each chapter we co-write, you will be paid $15-$20 depending on how much you contribute and, again, quality. 
You will also receive a percentage of the royalties from each book sold (payable usually about 5 days after Amazon transfers my royalty funds into my bank account).
If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, read on and consider entering the contest!

Winner gets $20 and the opportunity to help me write a book. With that opportunity, of course, comes acknowledgement as one of the authors of the book, payment for each chapter written or co-written, and a percentage of the royalties for books sold. Will also include a paperback copy of the book you help to write and the opportunity to help out with other future projects as well if we work together.
Rules:
  1. Must be willing to deal with me on at least a weekly basis via email.
  2. One entry per person. 
  3. Have to be able to work with set deadlines once contest is over.
  4. Have to be flexible and willing to take critique.
  5. MUST HAVE PAYPAL. I cannot stress this enough. If you don’t have paypal I can’t pay you.
  6. Have fun!
How to Enter:
  1. Email your entry of no less than 500, no more than 1500 words to eewestlund@me.com
  2. Entries must be received by no later than 11:59PM Central Time December 1st, 2013
What to write for your entry:
  1. The scene you need to write is the main character and the love interest meeting for the first time in the hallway at school.
  2. Try to make it read like a rom-com, preferably late 80s, early 90s. 
  3. Please make it no longer than 1500 words and no shorter than 500 words. 
Details about main character:
  1. A bit ditzy
  2. Junior in high school
  3. Overweight
  4. high-pitched voice
  5. at least 6 inches shorter than love interest
  6. Human
  7. Female
Details about love interest
  1. Tall
  2. vampire
  3. gorgeous
  4. kind of a dick
  5. male
  6. reclusive
  7. intelligent
  8. muscular
I am leaving the rest up to you. 
Remember, the contest ends at 11:59PM Central Time on December 1st, 2013. Your entries can be emailed to eewestlund@me.com
The winner will be emailed sometime in mid-December and work on the project will begin in early January, 2014. 
ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, CONCERNS, OR LOVE FOR THE CONTEST CAN BE ADDRESSED TO THE EMAIL LISTED ABOVE. PLEASE INCLUDE QUESTION OR COMMENT IN THE SUBJECT LINE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment