Sunday, January 07, 2024

What I've Been Writing About Lately

  Up until about six months ago, the only writing I was really doing was text-based RPGs with my bestie. We did some Star Wars, we're more recently doing MCU-based things (lots and lots of FrostIron and Thorki) and honestly, that was about the only "recreational writing" that brought me any joy. Sitting down and trying to write purely for myself wasn't sparking joy. Hadn't been sparking joy since before Forgotten Melodies made its debut (do not worry, the sequel WILL be coming out, hopefully in 2025 at latest) but really had begun to drag by 2016. I've tried SEVERAL times to restart writing and get back into it, and each time I've gotten two or three chapters into something before completely losing interest.

I'm finding that I'm more able to keep interest in things featuring religious abuse, fundie christianity, megafamilies/quiverfull families, anorexia/bulimia/binge eating disorder/orthorexia/eating disorders in general, homelessness, fantasy, and apocalyptic things. 

That's not to say that's what you'll be likely to expect once I start actually publishing again, but it is likely what you'll see some excerpts from on here as I start to post more commonly.

I'm hoping sometime soon I'll run across another IP that sparks enough joy in me to make me write more fanfiction. Like, I like the MCU but not really enough to write standalone stuff on my own. I think it's impostor syndrome mixed with just.... not knowing enough about the IP as a whole despite having watched most of the first four cycles or w/e they're calling the groupings of movies and tv shows like seventeen times each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment