Monday, May 05, 2014

Back To Normal?

So, apparently quite a lot has changed over my writing hiatus (which I laugh at every time I call it that). I’ve discovered now that I have to reward myself for writing original fiction again. It’s difficult! I had forgotten all the underlying reasons I no longer wrote fanfiction. It makes writing things with my own characters (and only my own characters) so much more difficult.
Not impossible, but difficult.
And so I think I’m actually going to have to keep on a schedule in order to keep me interested in what I’m writing (even though I love Albuquerque and I’m so ready to have it out in the world for others to enjoy) and that’s an entirely new thing for me.
I’m not giving myself time constraints. I have a rough deadline, but it’s not imperative that I keep with it as long as I get the book written (thank god for being my own boss!) and I don’t drive myself nuts trying to do it.
Odd days (May 5th, 7th, 9th, etc.) will be days I work on Albuquerque. If I can write at least 1500-2000 words on Albuquerque before stopping, I can work on my fanfiction as well.
Even days (May 6th, 8th, 10th, etc.) will be fanfiction/other small project days. If I feel up to it I can work on Albuquerque a bit on these days too, but they’re meant almost as “reward” days at this stage because getting even 10 words out on Albuquerque is difficult right now.
Shaking off the rust and getting my characters out of storage. Hoping that this time next week I’ll have a good 10k words written and I’ll have been worried for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment