Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Rather Exciting News!

So, about half of a year ago, I enrolled every book I had out at that point in the KDP Select program, which allows your books to be borrowed for free by kindle prime members. HOWEVER this had a downside, as I was only allowed to publish those books through amazon kindle at that point. So for 90 day increments, I had books exclusively on amazon.com for Kindle (and other places for the paperbacks). Well I liked it so well that I enrolled many of my books for a second period, but have taken the automatic re-enrollment option off of all of them, so that tomorrow, which is July 26th for those without a calendar, the enrollment expires. For all of them (except one short story that I'm keeping exclusive to Amazon, but that will be in tomorrows blog post).
What does this mean to you? Well, if you've got a nook or another reader that doesn't do .mobi files or have a kindle app, you'll be able to read my books! If you're anti-amazon, you'll be thrilled (i hope) to learn that my books will be available through Barnes & Noble and also Smashwords. The prices that are on amazon right now will remain the proper prices through at least October; I'm in the middle of negotiations to take on another lovely writer for Destruction Productions and have not had time to decide whether or not my prices will go up. So I'm pushing that off until October so I have time to decide.

THE OTHER NEWS I have that's quite exciting is that "Living Will" (Sketchbooks, book 3) is coming out before the end of July. It is also the second-to-last book in the series, another large decision. I was originally planning to have it be a 7 book series, but then I re-wrote the ending in my outlines and there's just really not that much story past the end of "Living Will" anymore, so "Sins of The Mother" will be book 4, the LAST book in the series.
"Living Will" will cost $3.99 and will be available everywhere through the end of August, followed by a 90 day period in which it will be exclusive to Amazon so I can take advantage of the Kindle Select program with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment