Friday, November 08, 2013

NaNoWriMo is glorious, delicious hell

I’ve written more words in the first full week of NaNoWriMo than I wrote on either of the first two books in the Sketchbooks series.
Let’s just let that sink in.
I’m writing constantly.
I’m writing more than I ever thought I’d write.
I’m writing faster than I ever thought I’d write.
I’m writing and not editing as I write and YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH THIS HURTS, KNOWING THAT I’M GONNA HAVE TO EDIT AFTER THE FACT. I FUCKING HATE EDITING OH MY GOD SERIOUSLY. That’s why instead of doing drafts I usually just write a paragraph, edit that paragraph, write another paragraph, edit that paragraph… That way I don’t have to fucking write an entire hundred thousand words, realize that all but 5000 words of that sucks, and have to rewrite that many fucking words.
I’m saying fuck a lot.
I’m way over caffeinated.
I’m emotional to a serious fault.
I found myself not even wanting to listen to Weird Al the other night. I wanted to change my background, too.
Neither are happening.
Though I’m thinking of fooling around with the layout on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment