Monday, April 22, 2024

Current Project Notes

Y'all know me, y'all know I've always got a graveyard of about 100 "current projects" on any hard drive, cloud drive, or even thumb drive I'm operating with. Currently, my "current project" list includes the sequel to Forgotten Melodies; sequel to Stella's Saga book one; a book about a group of teenagers who become vigilantes after a bunch of their friends go missing and then turn up dead; another stream of consciousness... memoir? Comedy thing? Rant? Essay? Whatever you'd consider "That Whole 'World Ending in 2012' Thing" or "Random and Disturbing Thoughts"; a story inspired by Don Bluth's Anastasia but set in a fantasy world and with some caveats; and a story about a kid who gets abducted right before all hell breaks loose and nukes start falling, leading to some Swan Song-inspired shit. Swan Song the novel by McCammon, not Swan Song the episode of that soap opera with demons. 

Of all those, which do you think will ever see the light of day, and which do you think will be relegated to the back burner with the other twenty-seven-thousand ideas I've started, maybe even gotten pretty far with, and then abandoned? 

I'm never going to try to give release dates when I don't have a product completed, that's just setting my procrastinating ass up for failure. But here's a tentative timeline that I'd like to try to stick to, if I can. 

Rest of April: Write like the wind, hope my Chromebook holds up so I don't have to hand-write EVERYTHING on my iPad. 

May: release stream of consciousness thing, Amazon and probably smashwords. Maybe release first couple chapters of the Anastasia-inspired thing to that weird episodic Amazon service. Eventually it'll be released as a complete ebook-paperback, but this and the abducted kid thing are gonna be released 1-3 chapters per week until completion. 

June: Start releasing Forgotten Melodies 2 Electric Boogaloo (not the real title but I kinda am tempted) on AO3. Look through old 'back burner' ideas and maybe revive something. 

October-December: Put up Pre-Order for FM2EB on Amazon and/or announce actual release date. I know once I actually get in the groove of writing in my POTOverse, I can write it fast. At very latest, I'm thinking pre-order info will be made available by like February of next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment